Understable is a term that describes the overall flight pattern of golf discs, i.e. where they land compared to their starting point.
* Understable discs are the most beginner friendly.
* They turn in the direction of their spin during the initial stages of their flight when thrown flat, straight and with average power. Towards the end of their flight as they lose speed, all spinning discs tend to fall in the opposite direction of their spin, but not so much for understable discs. Therefore...
* RHBH (right handed back hand) throws will spin right and turn to the right. Opposite for lefties, i.e. LHBH (left hand back hand) throws will spin left and turn left.
* They turn in proportion to the speed of release. RHBH fast released discs fly in the direction of their spin longer and further before they eventually tail off to the left at the end of their flights, therefore ending much more to the right compared to their starting point. Slower released discs will not see much movement in the direction of their spin, fly rather straight and then quickly fall opposite the direction of their spin as they lose speed, i.e. ending less to the right compared to the starting point.
* Great for beginners but also used by pros and experienced players for various specialty shots.
* Easiest for new players to control.
* Provide the most distance for beginning disc golfers.
* Use them for anhyzer shots on a dogleg right or for roller shots.
* Generally not used in a headwind as they are too unpredictable.
This list of understable distance drivers can be sorted by Model (which is really Manufacturer), Price or Plastic which will arrange discs in groups that may help your search. Play around with it.
If you still have questions or would like some advice on what type of discs fit you best, please contact us for friendly expert advice. We've been in the business since 1987, throwing even longer and we love what we do!
The Discmania Rush, TD - C Line is an understable distance driver. TD stands for turning driver. This is an easy-to-throw disc suitable from beginners to top level pros. This speed 10 driver has a comfortable smaller rim grip…
The ABC Secret Weapon - Gold is an understable long range driver. It does what only a broken in golf disc will do. Perfect for those left to right shots and carving your way through the woods. Give this understable disc some …
The ABC Platinum BeeLine is an Understable Distance Driver with incredible speed out of the hand and incredible glide down the fairway. The Beeline is certainly one of the farthest flying discs to ever hit the market. ABC …